The Administrative Assistant will support the Commercial division and departmental leadership team to ensure smooth daily operations. This individual will be responsible for ensuring key administrative functions of the department are addressed proactively and professionally.
The ideal candidate must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills.
The role will include a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities such as:
- Communication: Drafting and publicizing internal memos, notices, and policies as advised by the departmental head
- Consumables Management: In liaison with procurement, manage the departmental material ordering process, proper storage of consumables and prudent issuance of the same.
- Manpower supervision: Responsible for casual laborers PPE issuance, attendance monitoring, payment processing.
- Meetings Coordination: Assigning meeting rooms to staff, provision of necessary materials, directing guests and where needed, taking detailed minutes and circulating as directed.
- Reporting: Provision of well-drafted, formatted and presented reports when called upon to do so.
- Records Management: Ensuring that documentation such as permits, licenses, OHS paperwork, and delivery notes are stored in an orderly and easily retrievable manner.
- Liaison: Act as a link between the department and other internal departments like HR, Finance, Legal and Tech to support projects, provision of timely & accurate information and feedback.
- Tasks Follow up; In support of departmental meetings, document and, follow up on the progress of weekly tasks, projects, and assignments to team members to a conclusion.
- Stakeholder Management: Ensure that suppliers, visitors, and other external parties are professionally handled to maintain a longterm cordial relationship.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Compliant work premises;
- Accurate and timely reporting;
- Compliant teams;
- On-time resolution of requests;
- Compliance with legal requirements
- Accurate tracking of consumables;
- On-time repairs
- Diploma in Administration or Business related field from a reputable university
- 5 years of experience in administration or operations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills ( i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint…)
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience managing projects and delivering successful outcomes
- Ability to organize and manage processes with limited supervision and direction
- Proven experience in interacting and working with executives
Required education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself Education certificate - the official certificate for your highest education