We’re on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. Join us.
Lynk is a startup which builds technology to connect blue collar workers in Kenya - from carpenters to cleaners - to jobs. Our suite of products seeks to satisfy a breadth of consumer needs, which provide multiple channels to increase incomes for workers in our system:
- Lynk: A marketplace product enabling customers to request services or order ready-to-buy services in over 50 categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors.
- Lynk Projects: A turnkey construction firm, providing design and management services in fitout and construction projects, delivered by Pros on the Lynk platform
- Lynk for Business: Maintenance, facilities management, and project management services for business clients delivered by Lynk Pros
Lynk is consistently regarded as one of the most exciting and socially impactful start-ups in Africa:
- (2019) Winner of Department for International Development’s challenge for catalytic solutions in the field of youth employment
- (2018) Africa regional winner of the MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge for global technology solutions that improve livelihoods
- (2018) Selected into the prestigious MIT 2018 SOLVER class of solutions that are changing the world, in the subcategory of “work of the future”
- (2018) Named one of East Africa’s top 10 startups to watch by I-Dev international
- (2017) Grand winner of the Ford Foundation and the Global Center for Youth Employment Ideathon for initiatives that can bring disruptive change to youth employment
- (2017) Selected to the inaugural XL Africa fellowship put on by the World Bank for high potential startups in Africa
A bit about the role:
A bit about you:
As an Android Engineer you enjoy making beautiful user interfaces. You love the Android stack and you know it inside out. You love implementing app designs to pixel perfection and a good user experience deeply satisfies you. You strive for simplicity and scalability in the code that you write and readable, beautiful code makes you happy.
- Building scalable and highly usable android applications using Kotlin
- Help us build and extend the most beautiful app for the informal sector in Kenya
- Implement mobile app based on high fidelity designs
- Solve (many) real problems using tech
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
- Show us why they are suited for this position, rather than just tell us
- 3+ years of formal work experience as an android engineer
- Deeply experienced in Kotlin with at least 1 year of formal work experience
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience integrating with REST Apis
- Good understanding of popular programming paradigms (e.g. object orientation, functional programming, ...)
- Able to fit into a fun and outgoing work environment
- Work experience and/or relevant educational background
- Fluent English
More about us
At Lynk we make it easier for households and businesses to connect with high quality professionals. Currently we have verified professionals in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology we unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more. As a company, we’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. We provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. We value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
To Apply: Please send your application and relevant supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org