This person will work with our legal team to serve as an in-house counsel and handle basic to complex legal matters and projects. You will participate in commercial transactions and assist the company to comply with its legal and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake basic or extensive review of documents and materials to identify important issues, similarities, and inconsistencies, etc.
- Consult and assist handle all corporate legal processes.
- Perform extensive legal research and analysis and prepare briefs and correspondence that provide legal advice to requests.
- Structure, draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s legal rights are fully protected.
- Guide managers to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Assist develop company policy and position on legal issues.
- Where required, provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- LLB Degree.
- At least 2 years post qualification experience (preferably in a similar role).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication skills and relationship management.
Competencies & Attributes
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Excellent legal drafting skills.
- Good command of Kenyan law / full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:
Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate - the official certificate for your highest education