Through the use of cloud and mobile technology, SOKO is able to allow businesses to connect to non-tech enabled small scale producers such as farmers and provide mini business tools to the said suppliers hence stabilizing the supply source.
We are looking for someone who will continue to support this vision by defining not just the look and feel, but also the experience from a farmer and artisan to an executive officer.
We currently work with a modern stack using, but not limited to, Python / Django / DRF / GraphQL / MySQL alongside an Angular-powered front-end. We employ SCRUM and Agile methodologies, and also are enthusiasts of continuous integration and continuous deployment.
The engineering team at SOKO is composed of innovative developers who focus on developing a cutting-edge value chain system. Our engineers enjoy building new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
SOKO is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our growing development team. The incumbent will serve as a resource and local primary point of contact for user related issues and requests for IT services and support and will provide high quality end user services to all employees, partners, and customers, while also delivering an excellent customer service experience.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation associated with troubleshooting user hardware and software issues.
- Continue to own resolution of an issue until it's completed to the satisfaction of the user.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with all impacted users within the areas that they support.
- Generate reports as and when required by the business managers.
- Proactively Identify, research, report and resolve technical problems.
- Develop and document user requirements from end-user input for new and existing systems, business processes, and applications.
- Develop training documents and undertake user training.
- Coordinate and manage user acceptance tests.
- Issue detection: Proactively monitor all services using provided interfaces or any other channel and ensure all detected issues are logged and tracked.
- Ensure frequent and proactive communication that is relevant, clear, accurate and timely.
- Ensure all issues are logged accurately with all details.
- Perform initial troubleshooting of tickets and ensure that accurate troubleshooting is done for all tickets handled. Ensure that troubleshooting steps are recorded.
- Ensure that all issues handled are resolved in a timely manner and provide weekly and monthly reports of all issues reported.
- Ensure that issues are escalated as per the SLA, using provided tools and escalation matrices.
- Install software and provide training and onboarding for users.
- Provide in-person software support via telephone and internet.
- Assist in the diagnosis of computer hardware, network and software problems and provide viable solutions.
- BSc degree in IT or a related industry.
- At least 2 years of experience in Technical Support
- Must have an understanding of Microsoft Windows, Linux, AWS and web/desktop applications
- Knowledge of defects, change requests, enhancements
- Knowledge in SQL queries
- Experience with technical writing/requirements gathering experience.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com with the subject line :
[Technical Support Specialist]
Attach your cv, any projects you have worked on either as screenshots or links etc, and any other doc that would sell your skills.
Ensure All your file attachments have your name in the file name.